Concept of My New MA

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Matias, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

no stuart i was talking to the ag guy forgot his name

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

That'd be Aegis. One of the guys who makes this forum possible. And he has a point, you know. Nobody's busting your jumblies for the fun of it.

3. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

Yeah Aeigis. Not very good with names...with some people. And I know he does have a point. I do trust that nobody is ruding me for the hell of it. You dont gotta tell me friend.

Matt

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

If you ever get stuck again, try scrolling up. Works a treat.

5. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

LOL ineed

6. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I told you not to delete your threads, and explained that doing so and immediately starting a new one would be frowned upon.

I have once again moved this thread back into normal view. Do not delete it again.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

A good point Koyo. There should be an evolution. A Grandmaster said to me 'You will be better than me, because you have stuff I don't, your students will be better than you for the same reason' and so on.

He also said though 'there are NO new techniques'. New ideas maybe but no new techniques. There are no new punches, no new kicks etc, it is how we choose to apply those techniques that makes us different.

As for developing a NEW ART, what is different?

Speed, balance, technique, timing and the likes are surely all a given for a Martial Artist.

Matt-99, would you not be better off starting a business with a name that reflects what you do, get a website with your background and martial history, hold open days and seminars on your ideas, advertise to get your name out there?

I for example have done Boxing, Jeet Kune Do, Shaolin Long Fist, Eskrima, Teh Ji Han Jeung Dao and now teach Eskrima.
    My class incorporates all of the above because my Instructor and GrandMaster allow me to do so. This is because we want the art to continue to grow and develop.

It does sound to me that you are trying to re-invent the wheel.

Good luck though in your journey.

8. Yuen Fen

Yuen Fen Valued Member

Matt-99,
    Why don't you learn Xingyi Quan?
    The whole art is based on the Chinese 5-element theory. Simply practicing this art could save you a whole lot of time developing something that has already been around for several hundred years...

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

There's a fellow called Ashida Kim who might be interested in this project.

10. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.

11. spidersfrommars

spidersfrommars Valued Member

I wonder if the whole inventing a new martial art based around circular concepts is just a really elaborate "reinventing the wheel" pun. If so, well played good sir. If not, listen to the advice given so far, just go train and stop with the abstract theories, thats for old dudes, you should be out there getting your **** kicked around the matt (I'm assuming based on your writing style that you're a teenager)

12. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I'm in the same situation as you do. I have done long fist, prey mantis, Baji, Zimen, WC, Taiji, XingYi, and Shuai Chiao. Since my SC brother also had eagle claw, both of us could merge SC throw, eagle craw joint lock, long fist kick/punch/footwork, prey mantis speed training, Baji power generation, and evolve SC into CC (Combat SC - Sanda/Sanshou) which is a pure Chinese MMA just without the ground game (but ground game is under integration now). Even that, it took us a good 20 years of hard work. In those years, there were no new creation but picking up good stuff from different styles and just did the integration. Trying to create a new style without the experience of "cross training", IMO, it's not only difficult but impossibe.

Confucius once spent 3 days trying to create. At the end of the 3rd day, he said, "Those 3 days of creation was a total waste. I prefer to spend those 3 days learning instead."

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  13. McShabby

McShabby More Than A Feeling

I have to say that the fact that you are asking for opinions on fundamental concepts of this art you are creating is a clear indication that you don't really know where you're going with this.

My understanding of the evolution of Martial Arts is that people have been trying to find more and more efficient ways to kill each other over a long period of time.

Weaponary is probably a good example. Say you have carved yourself a knife from a piece of flint for hunting. It does the job, you can bring down a saber tooth tiger with it, but your mates keep dying. So you think about the problem adn come up with the idea that if you are further away from the tiger but could still make use of the knife less people die. BOOM, you just invented the spear.

There has to be some reason other than ego to undertake something like this.

I could be completely wrong, but if you can't see a fundemental flaw with all the martail arts you've trained and the ones you haven't then there is no point in making a new one.

14. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

The best way to fight against an opponent who likes to kick is to use one hand to block his leg and then drop another elbow on his instep. The person who kicks is like a tree with long brenches. The person who drops elbow is like a knife cut. To use a knife to cut into a tree branch (wood) is exactly the "metal against wood" principle that you are looking for.

That's just one way to achieve the maximum force. Another way is to use your body mass (all body parts move and stop at the same time).

F = MA

1. If M is constant, the higher accelertaion, the more force can be generated.
    2. If A is constant, the higher mass, the more force can be generated.

Since our body mass is also constant, higther mass means that we are using the whole body mass instead of just partial body mass (body unification).

When we get old, we may lost our speed but we may not lost our mass (some may gain more mass instead). The 2nd power generation method is better than the 1st method IMO.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  15. Otataral

Otataral Sapientes Gladio

Interesting. But what is your purpose of creating a new martial art? Also I am curious what is your experience? what have you study?

16. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

read the thread partner in art for my qualifications i am very tired of repeating myself

17. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Your real qualifications (your mind and heart) show in the way you post. This is why people aren't taking you very seriously.

18. righty

righty Valued Member

I don't believe you have ever mentioned what your experience is.

19. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I just read that thread, he mentioned once about MA training with some local six dan master, that was it.

He talks more about animation software than training.

Seriously kid, if you really want to create your own MA, go train, get some real experience, then do it. Yourself. Not by asking random strangers on the net to do it for you.

20. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

1. I'm not a kid and I know I should be clearer in my posts, but my english isn't very good XP. I've been speaking Spanish for 99% of my life, and I think I do pretty well for my little experience. Don't judge me by my posting. In fact, judging one's mind and soul by the way he makes his ideas into words in a martial arts forum is indeed one of the dummest things I have ever heard. When you meet me, fight me, and get to know me, then I will accept your opinion on my person Ratty.

2.about my experience. I will tell you everything I have done so please stop asking. I began martial arts at age 3 studying with my dad (who was at the time a second dan), tehn I joined a TKD academy and while there I also took JKD. Then Muay Thai and Basic Kung Fu made their way in. My cousins also had a high degree in Caporeira, and while they lived with us for about a year I learned a lot. As I said in Snoop's latest thread, I took some Rumi Maki (Inca MA) in my latest years. At this current point I am doing Panther style, quit but am still studying Muay Thai, quit but still studying JKD, and quit TKD a while ago. Oh yeah and I get some Cap. lessons from my cousins every once in a while so I guess you can call that study also. And of course as many of you look down upon I am creating a new MA. My ideas and intentions havent been well said, and I will try to get my point across without sounding like a amatuer fool.

Thanks Guys,

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.