What I think of your "Martial art"

Discussion in 'MMA' started by wushurichard, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Anyone else tempted to gong sau this guy?

:D :D

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I'm a pacifist so I couldn't possible condone such an action. I'll be happy to drive my Gong Sau Catering Van to the event though.

(Now where's that photo)

3. wushurichard

wushurichard Banned Banned

ill say it again, you know nothing. i wasnt directing it at kroyo i was directing it at the rest of you.

you are ill informed about kung fu. take away the rules and it is deadly. add the rules and it turns it into a sport...a meanling less waste of time if you ask me

4. Moi

Let me check............

.....................................................................................I was right! Nobody did!:rolleyes:

5. Dean Winchester

Please be prepared for some slight melodrama! :)

Actually Richard I’d like to address some of your points about MA being used to better yourself etc etc and purely competition fighting being bad yadd yadda yadda.

What was the original purpose of the arts many of us study? No think about it I know it might seem a bit out there but…..…..

That’s right

WAR!

…huh, What is it good for….

Sorry got distracted then anyway as you’re a kung fu guy just imagine Jackie Chan singing it. It’s great!

Back to the point.

These arts were developed to maim and kill end of story. They were about preparing those who would use them to take life and hopefully prepare them for the eventuality of their life being taken too at some point.

That is what lies at the heart of what you do, unadulterated violence!

Whether you realise this is another thing entirely but you are, or should be, learning techniques and principles which teach you to harm another human being.

Now you can cloud that all over with talk of enlightenment and personal betterment but you would be doing yourself and those who have gone before you a great disservice because you disregard the sacrifices made and the reasons for them. I feel you also, and this I think is the crux of the matter here, miss the whole point about personal development via martial training.

How can you for example develop a sense of compassion and be more considerate in life if you don’t face another human being in direct confrontation which allows you ultimately at some point to exercise such virtues?

How can you exercise something like mercy if you are not already in a position to give it?

MMA fights allow you, to a degree, to do such a thing. This is alongside it allowing you to develop being used to being put under pressure and shock, again important “combat” attributes.

I would venture many sportsmen and women have a greater sense of fair play and honour than a lot of so called traditional artists that merely practice overly compliant training whilst spouting rhetoric about Zen and spirituality.

So in short my assessment of you, going on your posts and videos, is that you fail to understand anything about competitive arts and also fail to understand the traditional ones you claim to practice.

Hey maybe I’m wrong and maybe all of the above is just BS because I’ve got too much time on my hands.

If you’re wrong then you need to get your ass off the net and down a Dojo/Gym more.

If I’m wrong too then I probably need to do the same, difference is I bet I’m more prepared to do so than you are .

6. Dean Winchester

hmm guess what take away the rules and MMA is too. What you don't think it's possible for an MMA fighter to take that choke to the next level and kill?

Again with the last part of your post you demonstrate your lack of understanding about the subject you are attempting to critique.

I would also like to add that it’s rather odd that you can’t actually address a lot of the points put to you by the members here. Your only attempts being “it’s deadly” and “you know nothing”.

You’ve obviously given this a lot of serious thought

…..then again maybe not…

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  7. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Ah so you train kung fu as a deadly art? And I guess training in a competition art purely to fight live non-resisting opponents doesn't work at all? Mate for your sake, grab your camera get down an mma gym and spar. Even ask them to do it without rules if that makes you feel better. 5 gets you 10 you'll get destroyed.

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

you are ill informed about kung fu. take away the rules and it is deadly. add the rules and it turns it into a sport...a meanling less waste of time if you ask me

Let us compare two lives...Mr George St Pierre and Mr Wushu Richard.
    One a sport fighter and one a kung fu fighter.
    One's a millionaire and UFC champion, spends his time jetting around the world training with top guys, a couple of weeks in Rio, New York or Vegas here and there. He's widely regarded as one of the best fighters in the sport and is praised for his respectful attitude, professionalism and work ethic. He isn't tied to a nine to five job and mortage like the rest of us. He has a body like a greek statue and probably has more girls throwing themselves than he knows what to do with.
    The other guy appears to train in overly flowering Chinese gymnastic martial arts designed for show rather than fighting and then makes dodgy (c)rap videos and barely coherent tirades on the internet which are then universally derided by all right thinking people.
    At best he's a deluded traditional martial artist and at worst a very committed troll with too much time on his hands. It matters not which it is for the purposes of the comparison.

I know which person is wasting their time and it's certainly NOT Mr "sport fighter" St Pierre.

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Off topic: Love the sig :cool:

10. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

A hoodie inhibits your periferal vision.
    Stances inhibit your mobility.

An "enlightend" martial artist is one with the ability to kill but choses not too.

Ready only for war you lack wisdom

Ready only for peace you lack courage.

11. Dean Winchester

Actually WushuRichard I'm going to suggest that your posts are nothing more than an attempt at generating traffic and hits on your videos.

During your time here most of what you post seems to have been in relation to these videos and you have demonstrated little care in actually taking part in any real discussion about their content.

So I am going to put fourth that all you are doing is spamming MAP for hits which I believe is a violation of the TOS.

I Hope the mods would take the appropriate action if the feel I am correct.

If not you're providing an entertainment service at least.

12. DDale

DDale Valued Member

It comes down to this.

1. Whatever you train train hard.
    2. Always test everything, against resistance and serious opponents.
    3. Train hard and the philosophical side of MAs will come from that.

Don't try to be philosopher first and a warrior second. All you'll end up being a a bullpooper. I met far too many people like that in my old Traditional MA days.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
  13. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I liked the monkey :cool:

14. Dean Winchester

Home entertainment system

HD TV £900

Home Cinema £600

Xbox 360 £180

Free wushurichard videos on youtube…….priceless

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7TDrt_GJoA&feature=PlayList&p=2B7DDCC135448137&index=38"]YouTube - Radical Ninja![/ame]

15. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

You'd miss having such an easy target if we got rid of him at this point ;)

16. Dean Winchester

Hmm good point :D

17. koyo

That swordwork made my eyes bleed!!!!

18. Dean Winchester

19. koyo

That jo kata cunningly disguised as majoretteing.

What did I ever do to you?:bang:

20. Moi

That's what I thought it looks like:bang: What's the point in that without a short skirt?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.