Legend, and Myths

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Zenn Ryusaki, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

What about the wild haggis in scotland. Don't they fly? :D

I've been around some mates after a night of heavy drinking and pizza. If you lit a match they could produce flames........ :eek:

2. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

Jings! who tellt ye that?

Its no' true I tell ye.

They've git twa legs on wan side longer than the other though. That's so they can run aboot the hielans wi'oot fallin ower.

Best way tae catch them is tae run straight at 'em. They turn aroon' an' fa' ower, cos their legs are the wrang way roon!

Ye've got tae be careful when skinnin' the wee things, so's ye can use their skin for a set of pipes!

Jist hat tae set ye straight there.

3. Zenn Ryusaki

Zenn Ryusaki New Member

Ewww hagis... How can you eat stuff like that...

Anyway, those quote slideyfoot, i found most interesting, thanks a few things i didnt know there, gives me some more ideas to work upon... ;)

4. Kwajman

Great post, I love to hear the Scots talk.

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Its much the same as swallowing half the stuff on this thread..I mean dragons... come on, do you believe everything you read?

Also, this is off topic. General Discussion is for Martial Arts not fairytales.

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Eh! :confused:

Or have you got the 'MAP Forum Sound Plug-in'. :D

7. Kwajman

Nope, just a friend who's married to a scotswoman (scotschick?) (scotsperson?), whatever, better him than me. She's a tornado with a temper. :eek: But she has an awfully sweet accent.

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

You can read my fairy tale in the Articles section ....
    "Dragons"!

... I just happened to become interested in the depiction of dragons with regards to the martial arts and there is a correlation Kgirl :D ;) ...sorry. :Angel:

9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Rat Boy my friend, I love how you talk! I really do! I swear, the best speech on God's green earth is Scotish. That is the pure truth.

But to answer the original question:
    I'm puzzled. How is it, why is it, that East and West alike have tales of flying dragons if never there were any flying dragons? Beats me.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  10. FatalFist

FatalFist New Member

i think they didnt exist, but back then they saw weird stuff that we would see as normal now, they made up stuff like dragons to explain it. Like if they accidentaly dug up some fossils or something. Thats what i reckon.

11. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

Ach! Dragons is it?

Weell, the thing is when folks saw the thunder and the lightening, a guid way tae explain it, wis tae say that it wis dragons. They couldnae git sae high wi'oot wings! Or some ither flyin' method.

An' if the folks found some bones then it wis jus' proof.

*walks off to read some more Irvin Welsh so he can figure out how to keep writing Scots.*

12. Zenn Ryusaki

Zenn Ryusaki New Member

o_O

That was pretty hard to understand Vampire rat... lol

But i see what you mean, the unexplained accourance lead to the birth of myths such as dragons, such when Tornados landed, they though it was the wind dragon punishing them and taking away their children and stuff like that, however it was a force of nature that to this day we now understand

13. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Dragons for Real?

Going back to the dragon question & Asian culture. Keep in mind there are a lot more dragon-type lizards than on Komodo. There are large species of monitors across large parts of Asia. If people were to get a glimpse of such
    a creature centuries ago, it would not be difficult to figure out how they might assume it was a dragon. They did not have the benefit of the Discovery Channel.

14. Zenn Ryusaki

Zenn Ryusaki New Member

Good point there, never thought of it that way, but i can see where you are going with it...

;)