journal

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by shipto, Feb 8, 2004.

1. shipto

shipto Atkin's for life

my journal entry didnt go through i got a 404 page not found error when submitting it sorry if this is being sorted but didnt see any mention of it anywhere else.

2. Adam

Adam New Member

The new MAP doesn't like me either :(

I can't view journals, says I'm not permitted to do so. Either I've done a great job of making everybody on MAP mad at me, or something isn't quite right

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

The Journal is one of the things we are still working on guys.

Patience my young Padawans :D

4. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

OK, journal should now be working.

The journal is still in effect on the old site as a new journal version is not expected out for a little while.

It's possible that if you are still having difficulties it is because you are not logged in to the old site. Go to http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forumsv2/ and login before going into journal. (but dont try to post in the forums!)

It's a bit of a pain, but expect it to be short term (a week or two) before the journal is fully running on the new site.

Can someone confirm if this is now OK?

5. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Worked for me HKF. :D

6. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Hey.

Last day or so I've had trouble getting into the journal. Not matter what I try, I still can't get in ( I think I got in once, made an entry, and can't get in since).

It either says "You Don't have access to this" or just the 'Get a journal' button.

I've tried logging into /forumsv2/, but it still doesnt work.

7. craigwarren

craigwarren Valued Member

Me too, V2 doesnt work for me either

8. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

OK ok...

I got in like this..

Clear the cookies.
    Close the browser.
    Open the site.
    Login to Forumv2
    From here I can get into the journal.

But. If I login to the mainsite at anytime, I have to go through the whole process again, eg. Clear cookies, close browser.... etc

9. Don Davies

Don Davies Valued Member

yeah me to. Logging in to the old site work for me before but now that doesn't help.

10. YODA

Ahem.... *Tries to remain calm...

WE KNOW IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!

Ahem.... we're working on it - patience is a virtue :D

11. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

I think we are on the verge of new journal software that will be fully integrated into V3. I'm hoping to have this up and running during this week (assuming the developer releases it shortly). This is not the new 'super duper' journal software that is coming in the next few months, but should do us until this is available.

Some changes were made today in how the site caches cookies (to fix the problem with photopost login!), and this has obviously had a knock on effect on journal users. I would recommend doing the following if you are experiencing problems with the journal.

logout of MAP.
    go to http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/mycookies.php
    Select all the cookies and click 'delete my cookies'
    login to MAP.

go to http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forumsv2/index.php and login to old site.

There will be no more cookie changes from now on, so you will only need to do this once. Alternatively, wait until new software is available!

12. amiller127

amiller127 Chief Instructor

Its not working for me either :D

tried all the clear the cookies stuff and going to v2 as well. No joy.

But you guys probably know that already. Thought I would just make sure you did know :D

13. YODA

Thanks- we didn't know that :p

14. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

It is a conspiracy of those who don't want to read my whining anymore! *anything looks around nervously* It is a conspiracy I say!

15. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Mate, I know. I was just lettting you guys know that the work-around posted above by HKF was no longer working, when it was working before, ok?

It seemed the probem had taken a step further backwards. Which is a bit wierd to me, so I was raising the point of it.

I'm not complaining. I'm not being impatient. Are you? :p

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  16. amiller127

Have a solution

A Journal thread for everyone to temporarily place their journals until the thing works.

How good an idea is that? Now we can all see what interesting thougts Anything has!!!!!! :D

Obviously its not going to allow anyone to have private ones though!

17. amiller127

Check out the temp journal in the parent thread to this one. You can all store your journal entries there until its working or until someone moves it or deletes it :)

My usual fee for fixing problems is £100 a min. But i will waive it seeing as its for the benefit of the MAP community :cool:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  18. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Thanks, but I'll live without it for a while :p.

19. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Wahhh :cry: I want my journal back. Sorry to be so impatient but I was hoping to add some clever :rolleyes: , insightful :rolleyes: meaningful :rolleyes: , info necessary to the well-being of MA'ists the world over :rolleyes: tonight!

Okay fine, just wanted to void my mental log jam in the cesspool that is my journal. You got the truth, isn't pretty, is it? :eek:

20. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

I noticed YODA has a journal entry titled "of course journal works" but I have no idea what it says cause it won't let me read it :cry: ! My journal is definitely still not working. What am I doing wrong?