The Weapons Work Comparison Thread

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fu_Bag, Jan 1, 2008.

1. BudoStudent

BudoStudent Valued Member

Lord Spooky,

I was discussing the content of this thread.

BudoStudent

2. I'mKira

I'mKira Banned Banned

Wait, what? I took him down? Do you have any idea what actually happened in this or did you just reflexively post a reference to swords which weren't actually present? In fact, what the **** is "wood steel"?

3. I'mKira

I'mKira Banned Banned

Well uh time to start with the slobbery begging for forgiveness then. The dude in black is an experienced escrimador who will be fighting in the next dog brothers gathering. The one in white is a wing chun instructor. Take that as you will.

Or are you talking about me?

What the **** kind of Warhammer map do you live in where people get into shortsword duels? I've been a human rights observer in a central american conflict zone and that kind of thing happens so rarely as to be ricockulous.

And we weren't playing sword tag. It was "stick as stick".

4. I'mKira

I'mKira Banned Banned

5. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

Dan W., dojo storm a BJJ club, or shut the fridge up. No rules: Headbutts, eye gouges, testicle tears, anything, and do it out in the parking lot vs a BJJ black belt. No BJJ instructor will back down from you.

Then come and talk about self defense (if you're still able to type). Because, to be blunt, you don't know jack. You're just being a complete ignoramous, it's embarrassing.

You know you can't compete in H2H with your system, so the last refuge is weapons--fine, prove your knife and hanbo skills vs kali guys or the dog bros., or again, shut up.

6. Hayseed

Hayseed Thread Killer

OR........you could do the same. Isn't that pretty much what you guys are doing in this sub-forum anyway? ;)

7. Mikey Triangles

Mikey Triangles Neo-Ninja

that would be interesting

8. EternalRage

EternalRage Valued Member

Had a feeling it was a trolljob after reading this:
    That's enough experience to answer those questions he asked. Only someone who's looking in from the outside is going to ask such questions with a inflammatory undertone.

9. Hissatsu

Hissatsu End of the Road: Moved On

Oddly enough - that was my point.

There are a slew of BJK haters. They have enough information / experience to know the answers to the "questions" they ask.

Certain people who don't know the details - however - feel like they should defend them as people just asking "difficult" questions. They suggest we should suffer weeks and weeks of this...

Those of us in the art can tell the difference very quickly...

Like you could, for example.

;-)

-Daniel

10. EternalRage

EternalRage Valued Member

Well if I could, I'd collect Flashlock from your forum and take him back to ours, but I can't.

11. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

I was wondering about your behavior. I thought two possibilities:

1) You were held to long in a triangle choke! :p

2) You got your butt kicked especially bad in class! :D

Instead you were just trolling! :woo:

12. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Warrior Poet

Ah, I see it's BJJ trolls only for the next week again then :confused:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  13. TRMcKelvey

TRMcKelvey Valued Member

Thank you Daniel! I realized what you were doing with the first shot, but didn't want to ruin it by telling! It's been great fun watching the BJJ trolls have to take it for a change :)

-- Terry

14. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

lol what a funny thread.

15. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

Hmm, I'm trying to work out the subliminal undertones to your post but I haven't quite sussed it yet. Are you saying that it isn't really a funny thread but that you want people to think you think it is a funny thread? :D

I don't know, all this kyojitsu!

16. Banpen Fugyo

lol... its funny and nonfunny in different ways.

haha

17. Banpen Fugyo

For instance:

-The non-ninjers talking smack and not getting banned
    -DW flipping the script and making coherent arguments while staying within the TOS and not getting banned
    -The non-ninjers getting angry
    -DW admits to doing the same thing that other thread-crashers are doing
    -DW getting banned

All funny and non-funny in their own ways.

Whats with me and making lists today??

18. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

There's plenty of martial arts that practice with swords. I understand that there's a good chance that swords were not what you had in mind. That's why I said that sticks would likely have had a similar result in the original post. If you're going to break TOS to flame me, at least make an effort.
    As for the other two, like I said, they could somehow be very good fighters. Unfortunately absolutely none of it showed on that video.

Edit:
    ^ The missing part from the original post by me, by the way.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  19. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Just referring to SR's comments that's all, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

20. Jakesdad

Jakesdad Valued Member

I didnt "take" anything, I attempted to answer all his questions in a non combative manner to show that a "troll" as I am called wont just cut and run, or complain to the moderators. I never once got angry at his obvious lesson on troll jobs, but I think others may have. But I do find it funny that as soon as bujinesque critiques where lobbed at bjj, everyone knew immedietly it was a joke...interesting.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008