"Temple" style: Tai Chi history question

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Silly, May 30, 2007.

1. jnanasakti

jnanasakti Valued Member

did you look at the video as well?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh9lBC3NHac"]TAIJI SECRETS SEMINAR - HEAVEN MAN EARTH TAIJI COUNCIL - YouTube[/ame]

2. hanakuso

hanakuso Banned Banned

storytime

And there is the story of the unbelievably gullible David Carradine wannabe who never saw a jar of snake oil he wouldn't buy.

Not you, of course. No, no, just a story.

3. jnanasakti

jnanasakti Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh9lBC3NHac"]TAIJI SECRETS SEMINAR - HEAVEN MAN EARTH TAIJI COUNCIL - YouTube[/ame]

what do you think of this guy

4. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

This clip has been shown and discussed before.

Clipology eh??

ding,ding, round 117...... :bang: :bang:

5. jnanasakti

jnanasakti Valued Member

can you post the thread

if you understand this, my ignorance for assuming you didn't

6. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Yes I can.

This doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

Try the search function, I am sure with your mighty skills this shouldn't prove too difficult.

7. jnanasakti

jnanasakti Valued Member

I just did, i searched ADAM MIZNER and nothing came up, I searched Taiji secrets got 14 hits

do think ADAM MIZNER is b.s., i bet lots of people on the form did

8. jnanasakti

jnanasakti Valued Member

i can't find the thread, if you wanna point it out great, otherwise fine

9. jnanasakti

jnanasakti Valued Member

if you understand that tai chi is an internal art as sifu adam mizner points out in his video with demonstrations, then i apologize for my ignorance in assuming you thought it was mainly an external art, without real metaphysical potency

10. jkzorya

jkzorya Moved on by request

Yeah - I watched the first half of it - I couldn't make out a word he was saying though.

I've seen this sort of thing before - it shows a mixture of stuff that looks OK on the surface and stuff that no one can really do apart from on their mentally conditioned students, because lots of those things are set ups. The teacher trains their students to push in certain ways, using some deceitful and misleading explanations, and convinces them he has amazing powers. Such students are being taught to get worse and the solutions will only slowly be drip fed to them later at the teacher's whim.

Unfortunately, a real attacker would just punch him in the face, so what does it really show? Just how to play games with people's heads.

11. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

While an individual's balance and other properties may be affected due to various non-physical factors,no one gets thrown without contact of some degree,although one can fall.The exception to this is the use of empty force,which only works in that context on one's students.

So,in answer,no.And in even the far-fetched stories of the Yangs,(not that all of them are) I've never heard that one.Even Sun,Lu-t'ang only said Yang could defend himself from all corners w/out seeing or consciously knowing someone was there.

Shift your own focus.Apply some logic and rational thought.If you can throw,rather than imbalance someone without contact,without a cooperation as w/empty force,then you should be able to keep them up in the air.For at least a few seconds.It seems it should be feasible with such a suspension of the laws of physics.If one of my teachers could p'eng me up and keep me off the floor by continuing to p'eng every time I started to descend for at least five seconds,maybe more,with his watered down TC,then a "throwing without touching" exponent should be able to p'eng without touching and replicate the same,keep someone off the ground repeatedly going up for a few seconds.

Not happening.Even the empty force people who make the ridiculous claims (as opposed to those who don't) don't demo this.Just moving their own students briefly.

12. jnanasakti

jnanasakti Valued Member

you're right, a real attacker would just punch him in face and take care of him from there.

you guys got me. i was trying to pull one over on you all. good thing jkzorya's foiled my plot. you guys aren't as gullible as i thought. hats off to you.

13. jnanasakti

jnanasakti Valued Member

correct. not happing. well...it was fun while it lasted. i did have you guys going for a second there. I mean i did make you at least think...lol. i love these forms. its fun to pretend that your some type of internalist (whatever the hell that means) and talk about all the fa jing crap. okay i'll quit it.

14. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

15. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

I'm officially reopening this thread, but I reserve the right to close it at a moment's notice. Please keep this on topic and refrain from personal attacks of any kind. Thank you.

16. hanakuso

hanakuso Banned Banned

I think that is some shameless performance art and the 'students' are not particularly good actors.

17. fatb0y

fatb0y Valued Member

I think I seen them ppl before - running along the tops of the trees in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.
    :)

18. unfetteredmind

unfetteredmind Valued Member

Hi Hanakuso. On what do you base this assertion? Have you met any of those involved? Pushed with them? If not then I guess you dismiss them out of hand like this because you are witnessing something you have never experienced yourself. This kind of thinking is dangerous because if we deny something we don't understand rather than investigating it, we will never develop beyond what we already know.

19. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Hi Unfetteredmind,

Welcome to MAP :)

What is your opinion on the said clip, if you have one that is?

20. unfetteredmind

unfetteredmind Valued Member

This is quite an accusation. Are you saying specifically that this man can only do this on his "mentally conditioned students" or that "this sort of thing " can only be done on people who have been conditioned in this way? I would like to make a similar point to you as I did to Hanakuso - just because you don't understand this, it does not mean it is fake! People react to that which they find mysterious or threatening in all kinds of ways. One of the most common reactions is to attack it which is understandable but not particularly helpful if it is knowledge and understanding that they seek.