Morra: John Will Seminar and his thoughts...

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Hissatsu, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

[​IMG]

Mitch

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Oh man, I laughed so hard I think my new hip just popped out! :D

3. Morra

Morra Valued Member

Dan W. was questioning if my source even existed, so I gave some details about his black belt grading. That was the sole purpose of relating the story, that, and I thought it was an interesting way to get a black belt.

4. Morra

Morra Valued Member

"... way back before BJJ became known, where we would wrestle everyone (in a friendly – non-confrontational way) before or after a seminar."

This agrees with what I said about Will wrestling/challenging everyone before a seminar. Dan said I made the whole thing up and that he never wrestled everyone before a seminar. He claims john will said it was "COMPLETE" BS... but how can it be complete BS if he actully used to do just what I said?

Here's what everyone is harping on: the "controlled and freindly" type of rolling. Obviously, no matter what, John Will has control. I was told by my source, a John WIll black belt who told me this story which I've proved IS true, that what John would do was call each person out, and allow them to go for his eyes, groin, whatever, and he would submit them. Friendliness is subjective. I never stated John WIll was hurting people, lacked control, or wasn't friendly. People here took the fact that I said he allowed eye gouges and such to mean it was some chaotic match to the death before a seminar people paid for. That's BS. I never said that, thought that, or had been told that. If you can't read, that's your stinking problem.

"... I havn’t done that for a long time now – mainly because I feel I have nothing to prove – "

Think about this. He now has nothing to prove, so when he used to do this, he DID have something to prove. What? That BJJ worked against eye gouges, biting, all that other crap people a long time ago used to think countered grappling. This, again, fits exactly with what I"ve been saying about this story all along.

"...don’t want to embarrass anyone "

How do you embarss someone from a light little warm up of a freindly roll before a seminar? Think about it! Is Mr. WIll downplaying things a bit, as Koyo suggested? You don't embarss people with a happy little roll. They were out for his eyes, he crushed them, and probably humiliated a lot of people back in the day, just like I said. Only one guy that John Will beat like that at a seminar got up and threw his karate black belt away and joined BJJ. So, it wasn't an effective way to teach people, so he changed. All this fits with everything I said and was told.

"...– but more importantly, it just wastes too much time. I spend my time teaching and imparting techniques, concepts and ideas in the short space of time left to me at seminars. I hope this clears things up .
    Very best wishes
    John Will"

Clear indeed.

5. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

do you think? i could write a few lines just to big myself up, i doubt you even emailed him..

6. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I don't doubt the e-mail is accurate as it says exactly what I would expect John Wills to say given what Hissatsu reported and I do not think Morra would make up an e-mail.

vs.
    AND
    I think that says it all. Maybe John Wills is downplaying what used to go on but I doubt it's anything like the idealised fantasy version you are parroting Morra. Perhaps after your training for a while your perspective may change, I doubt it but you never know...

7. Morra

Morra Valued Member

I don't see any further point in continuing this thing. My source is a dear friend, an honest man, and a dedicated BJJ teacher who sets up free programs for inner-city kids to learn grappling, and keep them off the streets. He has been a friend of John Will's for twenty years, and was given a black belt directly by John will; and simply told this story to me after I had read one of Will's books, and asked about how intense John Will was, because the stories in the book were ultra-violent.

I learned a big lesson here: I shouldn't have responded to the charges of being called a liar (now conveniently edited out of posts), or tried to "prove" anything to someone so out of the loop, who, when given the opportunity to ask Mr. Will directly, coudln't even form a proper question to get the whole story. I will not respond to these ridiculous posts, where people can't even put 2 and 2 together. I stand by my the original story, with the only caveat that Mr. Will no longer calls people out at seminars.

These three threads about this utter nonesense stands as a monument to unfounded mistrust in this forum, schadenfreude, and complete stupidity.

8. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

<Personal Insult removed>

Booo hoooo.....:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
  9. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

don't forget your ball

10. CKava

Fixed that for you!

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Just as a clarificarion this has not happened in any post in this thread.

Mitch

12. CKava

By the way Morra if they were edited out it was probably because you complained about them, as such it's rather petty, though not particularly out of character, to then complain about getting what you wanted.

Thread summed up
    Morra: Go on ask John Wills! I dare you, you haven't got the guts! ... oh you asked him and he said I was wrong... um... ok... now I e-mailed him and he said he rolled at seminars, haha! I'm right!
    Everyone else: Emm... Morra no-one ever said he didn't roll at seminars, he still said your story quoted exactly was not true.
    Morra: I'm right, I'm right, I'm right!

It's all very silly now.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

L***, l***, pants on fire!

:p

14. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

apologies to Morra, didnt see that as a personal insult...

15. Hissatsu

Hissatsu End of the Road: Moved On

I have been purposely quiet on this thread for a couple of reasons - one was to let Morra grab some more rope head in a direction, and the other was to see where he planted his new flag. Ironically - you lectured me on Sun Tsu... /facepalm

So - let me address a couple things:

Not exactly.

Your source isn't very honest at all - or else you aren't. When you asked for clarification - did he mention he had no idea about how John now runs seminars? You said you talked to him - and his clarification was "didn't happen at seminars with groundfighters - but always happens with stand-up fighters who are the most likely to ask inane questions".

So - were you making that up or was he? Remember - in your statements - you stated it as something Mr. Will still does actively. In your revised version - you only removed the jits players from the NHB throwdowns...

You said your source sees John every month - how can he not know these things?

And why not name him? More on that towards the end...

Well - you should have learned a big lesson - but it isn't that one.

Let me directly address the claim that I and my questions were "biased".

I am clearly biased - but so are you (oh the irony). For eveyone's benefit though - this is the way I asked my question:

Mr. Will - there has been a thread on the internet about how you conduct seminars. The following has been said about you - would you mind taking a look at this:

(hand him the paper with BOTH of your quotes DIRECTLY written on it).

He reads what you wrote - and says "what a complete load of ****".

That was my biased question.

I made a copy of your quotes because I wanted him to read it in YOUR words - not my rendition of it.

---

Let me also point out that I reported his line about rolling with everyone faithfully even though I knew it *might* be a crack in the door for you. I put it there because it DIRECTLY CONTRADICTED what your expert source said - in that he said he did it specifically at BJJ seminars - not the stand-up seminars.

***And still at this moment - there is absolutely NO evidence to support your claim he did ANY of it to shut up people from asking questions (well, other than what you wrote, which doesn't hold much water).

Ask the rest of the forum what they think about your credibility. See who is buying into your "explanation"...

-----

One last thing - and probably most important:

The BJJ community at John's level is a small world.

If your source exists - John will be able to identify him VERY easily.
    I will be checking on this - as you have given way too much information for him to stay "anonymous" - and I plan on doing some checking as to the claims you have made on his behalf.

Oh - and your blackbelt story doesn't add any direct credibility to your "expert friend". I have a blackbelt friend who had to kill 50 people with nothing more than a bag of marshmellows to get his BB (and they were the miniature marshmellows!). And he had to do it in under 10 mins.

See how easy it is to just write something down? Doesn't make it true (the above is a lie - he had to do it in under 20 mins). :)

Anyway - I will continue checking into this. I may start a Bullshido thread on it as well - as there are a lot of grapplers over there who should be able to quickly identify your "source" if he exists.

-Daniel

PS. I really wanted to get into why your version of the "rolling" just isn't possible. Asking people to eye gouge and groin tear then calling it "light, happy" doesn't work. Sorry.

And 20 seconds? Really? I mean.... really?

You seem to be caught trying to combine two fantasies: either he was light and it was just casual (which throws out most of your other points) - or he was just SMOKING everyone in the room - dominating (which throws out your first points). Anyway - I could write pages more of this... but it isn't worth it (mostly because discussing it gives your fantasy merit - and I don't think it happened like you are saying at all).

16. Hissatsu

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  17. Morra

Morra Valued Member

I have had enough!

I called John Will two minutes ago to clear this all up once and for all.

My source is Father James Grant, the Vicar of Preston in Melourne, Will-Machado BB. I have a break from my teaching job in Seoul, and knew him from before, and stayed with him for two weeks. He married John Will and his wife. John has known Father James for over 20 years.

I explained that growing up, I did TKD for 6 years thinking it was good self defense, but discovered it isn't. Someone posted that you cannot judge self defense based on a black belt, so I mentioned the story I heard about him wrestling everyone to demonstrate, that no, you can tell a good black belt, and here's one who proves it.

I told him I feel I'm being stalked by an individual who claimed I made it all up, and that Father James (my source) did not exist. Mr. Will said he is so busy, it's not even close to being a priority, and that Dan is a (explitive deleted) who has too much time on his hands, will get bored of this story, and find some other thing to waste time on.

He said that he has done thousands of seminars, and back in the day people used to CHALLENGE HIM quite aggresively because they were like, "What is this BJJ BS?" So he told me he would let them have a real go with them, allow eye gouges, etc, and it wasn't always so "friendly", as you can imagine.

I am not going to allow this internet stalker to invade the privacy of very high level people because I used a simple example. I have been forced to come forward to Mr. Will and tell him the whole story, who told me the story origianlly (Father James Grant), and how Dan has a crazy vandetta against me, and will not let it go.

I hope you're satisfied, you've exposed yourself for what you are, and have alienated good BJJ people that you claimed you looked up to. Leave Mr. Will and my priest ALONE. If you want to attack me, attack me, stop wasting their time. I simply shared a story for an example. That is it! Understand, Dan? Go find someone else to harass.

Satisfied?

18. Hissatsu

Since you are in Australia - you should have done this a long time ago. But good. I am glad you did the right thing.

Really? You are calling me an internet stalker? Really?

Back when this started - you were the one who sent me a message saying you were willing to make a special trip to fly here and meet me in person so we could settle this properly - or have you forgotten that?

This I would have believed the first time. We wouldn't have even had an exchange (let alone threads) if you had just stated the above.

More or less.

:)

-Daniel

PS. I am sure your coming forward had nothing to do with being identified on Bullshido today, right?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2181124&postcount=4

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  19. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

so he doesnt live in Korea?? more lies??

20. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I'm pretty sure it's flashlock again.