Morra: John Will Seminar and his thoughts...

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Hissatsu, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

no one called you a lair, its was your conviction for what you wre saying that got you into trouble, you were convinced this was true enough to the point where you would not provide proof and you attacked Dan on numerous occasions for being a 'ninja'

You were wrong on so many points...

Couldnt help yourself could ya? "take the heat of me please everyone before i start crying"

Hold on whats thats i here??......

Its the WAHHHHHHHHMBULANCE......:bang:

2. Terrior

Terrior Valued Member

You are unbelievable...hasn't being roasted like this taught you anything?
    For a start your ridiculous questions don't belong in this thread.

Firstly, for a chess wizard like yourself I would have thought you were smart enough to know that a black belt in the BJK does not equal a black belt in BJJ. Not all ranking systems are created equally, live with it. It can take typically as little as 1.5-3 years to get a black belt in the BJK...think it takes a bit longer in BJJ. :rolleyes:

Secondly, no one is indestructible so stop making more claims on behalf of John Will. You are a poor example of a BJJ practitioner, I wish John Will would find you and lock your jaw (or I guess fingers in this case) until you tap out for your stupid comments.
    Do you not think there are people who grew up in circumstances like you have described for John Will who are in the BJK? These people who are real martial artists are the ones who get respect not the try hard wannabes whether they are in the BJK or not. Good martial artists tend to have many similar qualities in my experience, irrespective of style. So far you are not displaying any of them, grow up!

I have never tried BJJ but John Will sounds like a great guy/teacher as well as a good example of a BJJ martial artist, I would go to a seminar of his if I had the opportunity, you on the other hand, well, I can see why you are a fiction writer....:bang:

Please come visit us in Australia I would seriously love to train with you. (Not meant as a threat in case you were wondering - a genuine offer)

3. Hissatsu

Hissatsu End of the Road: Moved On

Good. I'll double check with John to make sure you did (because honestly, I don't trust or believe much of anything you say) - but it is good you finally did the right thing.

The rest of your post will be answered in the same thread in the other forum here:

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88449

-Daniel

4. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

It might be an idea if you could understand the difference between Ninjutsu, as a discipline, and the ryu which claim to teach it.

Confusing a ryu with the discipline it claims to teach isn't really a good start nor is confusing the Bujinkan with Ninjutsu as a whole.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  5. Morra

Morra Valued Member

6. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

Morra, unfortunately I doubt Hissatsu and his cronies have enough character to come back and man up where they were wrong. Their silence is deafening!

7. Hissatsu

Excuse me?

WTF are you on about Connovar?

The only thing I was "wrong" about was that Morra wasn't going to actually write to Mr. Will (which he did - good for him - he *should* have). And more to the point - I only said I was going to double check that he actually emailed John - since he was caught with his pants down before - and his word wasn't worth much.

Similiar to yours at this point. I can only assume you are trying to troll - or please point out somewhere where me and my "cronies" were wrong. I have time.

-Daniel

PS. Where is your video again old timer? Hmmmm.... you were talking about silence earlier... .... .. .. ...... ..

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  8. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

Hee ,hee

Well let me see..... oh yes for a start you called him a liar saying that he made this all up and the list goes on.

I would lend you a shovel but you are digging yourself a hole well enough on your own

As regard your vids. I would give you a couple stripes on a white belt for your level. However your guard passing really sucks and you appear to be clueless when someone has you in side control.

Have a nice day!:)

9. Hissatsu

His "expert source" has remained nameless (and his nameless source is taking all the blame, predictably). And the original assertions were entirely off-base (which Morra admitted) - so someone is lying.

And please - fill out the list. You have time.

Hm. I don't remember tapping much in those vids. Must have been the ninja-magic, eh?

Regardless though - thanks - I appreciate that coming from one of Randy Couture's training partners :rolleyes:. Which reminds me - what is your rank so I can correctly judge your "assessment" - and when are we going to see you roll anonymous internet tough guy?

Exactly.

I suppose this would bother me more if I thought of myself as a top-tier groundfighter. I don't (at all). But I get along well enough, considering.

You too bro. I hear Idaho is beautiful this time of the year.

-Daniel

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  10. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Hello again everyone! I'm almost back from a suprise holiday which probably no-one noticed I was on!

Anyway, unnecessarily confrontational posts need to stop. Especially ones which contain snide remarks for no good reason.

Hissatsu & Connovar> Please take it down a notch. By all means disagree but please refrain from dragging the thread into an insult fest.

As for the letter from John Will... a friendly rolling session is not quite what Morra suggested occurred. It was if you care to look what many others (including myself) suggested was more likely. So I don't quite see Morra's story as being vindicated by the e-mail he received.

11. Hissatsu

In the other thread - I asked Morra a specific question - hopefully that will tone things down with Connovar.

-Daniel

12. Morra

Morra Valued Member

I'm not going to lose any sleep about being called a liar by these people. I've been forced here to prove my innocence... at the same time, they've proved their own character. I'm just happy the full truth finally came out.

You can understand why I do not want to reveal my source - look how John Will has been pulled into all this--last thing I wanted to do was have to email him about this BS. My source, I now feel comfortable with revealing (but not naming for aforementioned reasons), has been one of Mr. Will's best friends for 20 odd years, and Mr. Will gave him his black belt.

Back then, as he told me, his black belt test involved having to wrestle everyone in the club one after the other. It took 45 minutes, and when they were all done, he couldn't even get off the mat. John Will just walked up to him, tossed the blackbelt over him, and said, "Oh, here you go," and they left him there.. haha! Very different now, I guess!

Apparently, that's why my info was so out of date. The source of this story wasn't up on how Mr. Will currently conducts seminars. He meets with Mr. Will for private lessons about once a month or so now, so didn't realize Mr. Will stopped wrestling everyone before or after seminars. This entire controversey is due to that one minor point.

I don't blame Dan for tying. Worse are the people who, thinking I had been crushed, suddenly rushed out to kick me while I was down. At least Dan came at me full force and directly, not like some sneaky weasle. Though he is a sneaky weasle, but I say that as a compliment to his ninjutsu. He just needs to follow Sun Tszu a bit more: he didn't know who he was picking a fight with.

13. CKava

Oh for God sake Morra!

John Wills getting dragged into all this is YOUR fault. YOU brought up the story, YOU used it to make a point and YOU defended it when it was questioned. In fact I'm also pretty sure YOU suggested that people contact John Wills if they didn't believe you! The fact that Daniel actually checked with the source directly whether the story you were claiming was true or not should have been a) expected and b) not something you suggested if you didn't want it to happen!

As for the truth coming out, I can't believe that you are still trying to defend the story you posted! The e-mail you got talks about friendly rolling at seminars! It doesn't talk about no holds barred battles against everyone who was non-BJJ or about smoking everyone in the room in under 20 seconds!

The entire 'controversy' is not over friendly rolling taking place at seminars! That is not what you originally said and the simple fact is that anyone can go and read what you said so it's simply ridiculous to try and re-edit what you meant. Look:

Please Morra re-read that and then re-read what John Will said in his e-mail to you and his comments to Dan. He is not backing you up! He is saying he rolled with people at seminars previously in a friendly manner not that he beat everyone up in 20 seconds and never lost!!!

Your credibility is really at an all time low for me now and I suspect everyone else reading this thread. Instead of admitting your exaggeration, you are still trying to portray yourself as being essentially correct... it's impressive self-delusion but it's certainly not admirable.

Oh and as far as your friends 'blackbelt test' involving sparring for 45 minutes non-stop, how in God's name does that back up anything your saying? And why is it of relevance to what goes on at a seminar? Sparring with everyone at a club during a grading is nothing like the no holds barred fighting you originally suggested and it is nothing out of the ordinary. Every single seminar by Mario Reis I have been to has involved him sparring and beating everyone at the club including the high ranking belts one after another without a break. Such an event is not unusual nor does it support your tale!

On another point I'm just curious whether any other BJJ schools use black belt tests? Is this fairly common in other BJJ clubs? Or Morra, do you just mean your friend was asked to roll and then afterwards out of the blue awarded a blackbelt?

14. CKava

Oh btw here is what I said many, many moons ago. Compare it with your quote above and see which one John Wills seems to be supporting:

Oh and btw Daniel said back then:

You then chimed in continuing to defend your story and I responded by saying:

Again credibility = 0 if you think that John Wills has vindicated your original comments. The only person who thinks so is Connovar and he has an anti-Ninjutsu agenda so large that it is possibly visible from space.

15. Hissatsu

From my very first post in this thread:

Just wanted to point out I wrote the same thing as well in my recap.

-Daniel

16. Terrior

Terrior Valued Member

I didn't see anything in the forum where people rushed out to kick you while you were down. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they are kicking you while you are down. Maybe you take it that way because your self love is out of control but whatever...

I would love to stick the boot in to be honest but there's no need, Hissatsu did a great job of proving you wrong...you made (and continue to make it seems) yourself look foolish. :rolleyes:

17. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

Its funny that neither CKava, Hissatsu or other cronies have apologized for caling Morra a liar. They just dance around it.

Where I come from those are literally fighting words at least and slander at the other. IMO its ok to question and ask for proof. To call someone a liar without backup proof that the facts are wrong and the other person knows it at that time is simply not acceptable. I brought this to CKava's attention and it just went over his head as many things do. It still just goes way over his head.

CKava if you cant do your job in a neutral fashioin on a thread then please have another mod take over that thread. IMO its clear here that you are not up to the job in this situation!

18. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

So by this line of thinking, it would appear that you are one of Morra's cronies?

[​IMG]

Say cronies again. I dare you!

19. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

Cronies!!!!:evil:

I guess I could use the word minions if you would like that better!:hat:

20. Hissatsu

From dictionary.com

=====
    li⋅ar

[​IMG]/ˈlaɪ[​IMG]ər/ [​IMG] Show Spelled Pronunciation [lahy-er] [​IMG] Show IPA
    –noun a person who tells lies.

=====
    lie

1 [​IMG] /laɪ/ [​IMG] Show Spelled Pronunciation [lahy] [​IMG] Show IPA noun, verb, lied, ly⋅ing.
    –noun

a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
    2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
    3. an inaccurate or false statement.
    the charge or accusation of lying: He flung the lie back at his accusers.

–verb (used without object)
    to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.
    to express what is false; convey a false impression.
    =====

Straight off the bat - Morra's statements clearly meet #3 and #6. Sorry.

Also - Morra stated on multiple occasions that he knew the "truth". He also asserted multiple times that things were done at "every" seminar. Moreover, he also stated the reasons behind Mr. Will's choice to NHB fight everyone in the room. There is no way he could have known any of those things - unless he is Mr. Will himself, or has been at "every" seminar put on by Mr. Will. That means he meets criteria for #1, #2, and #5. Sorry again.

Do you want me to continue Connovar - because I can...

For what it is worth - for your sake - it would have been better for me to just call BS instead of calling him a liar (even if the above definitions completely support my case, which they do). Regardless - though - no one needs to apologize for anything, so you can let that little semantic crusade go.

What is sad is that I had to track all of this down (with my time and money). This should be something that the BJJ community (that you are a part of) would want to see squashed (and to that point, CKava, Yohan, Dao, and others spoke against it whereas you, Connovar, stayed silent). Those kinds of false statements are damaging to the reputation of BJJ (and damaging to the reputation of a senior member of *your* art).

I can keep this up, if you want. How far do you want to take this?

Ball is in your court - it's your move.

-Daniel

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009