About to lose my temper....

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Su lin, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Mmmmmmmmmm Fish Oil!

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Coma, I swear that pic should have a rainbow coming out of the bag!

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

4. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Smart. Well I have a 9 day supply so will get a bigger bottle next week I reckon. Completely lost track of how many I took yesterday, may have been 10, may have been 12, oh well :D

And weighted myself last night, just over 10 1/2 stone so must have lost a fair amount of water or something! It's starting to go in the right direction. Now just to get sorted with eggs/omlette for breakfast.

Many thanks for the advice though guys and gals, much appreciated.

5. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

No rainbow but I did have to go a couple of rounds with a Leprechaun.

6. Frodocious

Check prices and offers carefully, as it can sometimes be cheaper to buy several smaller bottles, rather than 1 big bottle, if they have a discount on them. Also, keep them in the fridge - they last longer.

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Right, been taking the 10 a day for nearly a week now. Going to buy in bulk when these run out.

Measured myself yesterday and I have lost inches, so it must be working, plus I seem to be feeling much better in general.

Interesting point though about the iron Coma, I do have a fair few symptoms of deficiency. Interestingly one is tinnitus which I have been suffering from for 4 years, didn't know that could be associated.

8. Moi

Being now only 4'10" should help you reach your weight:rolleyes:

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Luckily not height wise :D

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Can you knock people out with your burps?

Mitch

11. Gary

Forgot about your tinnitus but most women are closer to borderline iron deficient on account of losing a fair bit every month, women who train are even more deficient. There was a pretty interesting study done on female soldiers recently, iron supplementation was shown to improve both mood and performance in women under constant physical stress. Also the acceptable range for iron is pretty wide, so deficiencies are often missed. I think one of the better brands for Iron is Floradix though I've not used it myself.

12. Moi

........or steak and pate and blackpudding Mmmmmmmm

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/healthy_diet/iron_deficiency.htm

Apparently vitamin C helps you absorb iron from food

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  13. Gary

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Just got some vitamin c and iron as yes ,read it helps absorb it better.

15. Moi

Steak should always be the first suggestion:cool:

16. Frodocious

Just be a little careful with iron supplements. Iron is one of the minerals that it is fairly easy to over-dose with. It is often better to try to get it from diet, rather than from pills. It might be worth going to your doctor and asking for a blood test.

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Quick update. For the last week I have been having :
    breakfast - maximuscle promax diet http://www.maximuscle.com/promaxdiet + 2 fish oil tabs
    snack- low fat yoghurt on its own + 2 fish oil tabs
    lunch- turkey/chicken and salad + 2 fish oil
    snack- promax diet+ 2 fish oil
    dinner (post training) quinoa turkey vegetables/chicken/fish + 2 fish oil
    recovery - just chocolate milk.

Starting to work already in the last week! Plus altered my training sessions, doing less per week as not doing much thai, so 3 x 2 hour mma sessions 2 x weights sessions and 2 x runs per week plus a couple of pad work sessions.

Don't feel like I am overtraining at all now and apart from the odd migraine,which I have tablets for, possibly due to lack of carbs it seems to be suiting me, so far!

Thanks guys :D

18. Moi

What's your weight now. Any nearer to your goal?

19. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

On about 66kg now :D

20. Moi

That's only a kilo from the top end of what you wanted. You could lose that in a sneeze! You must be very pleased with yourself.:cool: