I'm giving up CLF

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Infrazael, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Hey guys, you all know how long I have been a proponent of Choy Lay Fut over the years, ever since I started martial arts. I've done a lot of different systems (some I spent a while learning, while others I merely dabbled). You also know my position on Wing Chun, that most of it out there is not very effective.

Well, today I had my first official Wing Chun class, the guy I've been learning Brazilian Jujutsu from also teaches Wing Chun, and his "style" is very different than 99% of other WC that I have come across.

I learned the form Sil Lum Tau tonight, and the benefits of Chi Sao training. Furthermore, I learned the Wing Chun way of power generation, through using the whole body, not just the arms and shoulders, to produce a ton of power at close range.

I think the style suits my body type and size better (I'm not a big guy), and also, the way that my teacher does it is very deliberate and methodical, every attack producing maximum power. It's not blind chain punching.

Today, I'd like to say farewell to my CLF brethren. It's been fun, but it's time to move on as a martial artist and fighter. I've been at a crossroads for a while now, and this is the decision I have made.

Take care

2. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

Bsclf

Ok april fools, good one:)

3. dnovice

dnovice Valued Member

haha. yeah. you got me good man. I was looking at the calendar and just saw the date. Give me back my pm. lol. I'll get you next time.

4. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

This is not a joke, Wing Chun is SERIOUS BUSINESS!!! :woo:

5. CFT

CFT Valued Member

We need to see a pic of you doing chi sau or sitting in Yi Ji Kim Yeung ma to take you seriously. We could do with a laugh anyway.

You had me fooled until GSH's post. Good one. You sound too hardcore CLF to move over.

6. CFT

CFT Valued Member

OK, I take it back. He posted this before April Fools:

7. DontMoveTilUCIt

DontMoveTilUCIt Valued Member

Well Infrazael, if you are being serious (it's past 12pm over here), then I wish you every luck. I know that many people whinge about wing chun, but there are the odd schools around that are actually really good

Not having trained in CLF I can't compare Kamon to it. But it would be a shame if you truly are leaving something you love

If it is an April Fools, then nice one

8. GSHAMBROOKE

Bsclf

Yeah Yeah Yeah , ok if you are serious then you have become a fung gwok jai and you know what that means.

WACKA:)

9. GSHAMBROOKE

Bsclf

I think he just hooked his fish.:)

10. CFT

CFT Valued Member

You mean "Faan gwut jai" (Canto)?

Hardly. "Yan gwok yau jee" (It's a free country).
    The BSG is not a triad organization is it?

11. GSHAMBROOKE

Bsclf

I was joking because i think he is joking and thanks for the spell check and i am guessing you dont know to much about the history of the BSG and that i wont get into.

12. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

Are you really "giving it up"? Surely after having trained it for so long, you will carry it's benefits into your new training. :cool:

13. beknar

beknar Valued Member

so what did your si-hing up in washington have to say about your ahh, 'decision', hmm? :)

14. YellowFury

YellowFury Valued Member

If this is not true: this is pretty epic for an april fools joke. Had me convinced for a bit.

If this is true: OMGZ, irony to the max. That being said, good luck with the chun. It might be cool to see chun and clf combined into your striking style, by the way.

15. GSHAMBROOKE

Bsclf

YEAH YEAH YEAH, CRAPOLA HE IS STILL STRINGING EVERYONE ALONG LAUGHING HIS HEAD OFF.

If im wrong the jokes on me.:)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  16. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

April Fools FTW.

I was laughing so damn hard all day . . . to the point where I woke all of my roommates up at 3:00am and they were all looking at me like I've gone crazy.

17. DontMoveTilUCIt

Only problem with it is that you didn't say April Fools before 12pm
    Otherwise a good trick though

18. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

The 12pm rule is ridiculous and arbitrary. If it is the norm, then it would be called "April Fool's Half-Day" not "April Fool's Day."

The "day" implies a 24-hour period.

19. DontMoveTilUCIt

Just like D-Day? The day means the day on which the thing occurs. They couldn't just call it April Fool's, because that is the description of the person who is fooled

By your logic, the day should be called 'April Fool Which Lasts All Day'

You knew the rules, you broke them, and now you must pay the price of the fool backfiring. Bwahahaha

20. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about, but OK.