ITF Logo Use

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by StuartA, Mar 3, 2009.

1. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Man you've been around for awhile then! Our patches still say have both Taekwon-do and Karate listed a holdover from before my time. I think many were reluctant to make the change to the name TKD

2. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

Mate i aint making no comment about it. this thread's "monitored" everytime I post in the afternoon.
    First excuse to accuse me of "harrassing" stu and they'll jump at it. I got to double check everything I post.

So, no mate I aint commenting at all. Pity it has to be like this in a free society aint it.

Just as well really cos i got a lot I'd like to say:cool::whistleblower:

3. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

Terry, you can post your opinion on the magazine, its a free country after all, but as this is a forum just be prepared to explain your opinion if asked about it! If you have a valid point, others will agree.. if not, you`ll get pulled on it like you were previously!

Making an opinion is very different from making accusations without any evidence or proof to back them up, and that is the reason the mods got involved.. not because you expressed an opinion.

Still, up to you either way.

Stuart

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  4. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

LOL mate it aint even funny any more. I don't know how youve got the nerve tbh.:)

I asked a few simple questions and was bombareded with abuse:confused:. Thats the bottom line.

None of those questions have been answered really have they?.:rolleyes:

All that happened is that your mate TKD_mtich gave everyone a mild ticking off so he could launch an aggressive "final warning" to me. Not surprising since you two are close friends though is it?

Mate what I said wasn't an "opinion" . You know it and I know it. (Ive since received confirmation on the matter by two other people who also saw it).

I just checked your youtube page and I see that Mr Suska's video has now also gone from your "recent activity" box. Seems its only showing the last three items you either rated, uploaded or faved.

I cant comment even make reference to that now can I? Or that tweo will be an unproven "opinion" :eek:

As for "others " pulling" me on it. These will be the same people who issued threats, name calling, and generally insulting relpies to my posts? the same ones who, like you know they can post basically whatever they want (eg martial dad who despite his "warnings" has carried on regardless). it shouldnt be down to tothers. It should be down to whether I broke trhe TOS whcih i clearly haven't. Yet several of the people you refer to have (threats, name calling etc). Thyey can get away with it, I can't speak the truth.

Like I said, it aint really funny anymore.

I been told that if I "harras" you any more I wil get an automatic ban. Who knows .. they might even view this post as "harrassment" and so it could be my last.

As a martial artist you should really speak out about such goings on. Funny how you say martial arts are about "Truth". My posts to you werent "harrassment" and you know it. Yet you glady allowed to be said and even said you wouldn't mind if I was banned. Goes against all the tenets of TKD dont it? Also make you look like a bit of an hypocrit tbh.

All for asking a few questuions you didnt like? Now you want me to comment on your magazine? LOl you must think I just crawled out from under last years christmas tree. It aint happening mate. iwasnt even going to mention you magazine but was asked about it. Amlsot looks like I was beign set up dot it. MAybe I have already walked into it?

Sorry but I don't give in to bullying. Cos thats what it is. When you get to the stage where youre told you cant ask a simple question without threats and abuse its time to draw the line.

Oh and btw, my name aint Terry. so far I been "someone" in the video I can no longer comment on yet which THREE people now have verified to me is true. ThenI was a high ranking ITF man, then "Mas" whoever he is, now I'm "Terry".

Getting a bit desperate aint it mate? Maybe you ought just settle for one of them.

Nop no comment on your magazine cos we both know that unless its all "praise be" then it'll all start again.

5. StuartA

Just to be clear.. I wasn't saying I was interested in your opinion, I was simply pointing out your right to post it if you wish to, the consequences of doing so on a public forum and the difference between your opinion and accusations!

As I said on the post - its up to you either way!

Moreso, it wasnt an invitation for you to start your tirades again either as commenting on the magazine, is seperate from me isn't it, after all, I only put in what is sent to me! Any excuse though eh!

Oh well, you try and be fair and open and look what you get!

Stuart

Ps.
    Hence why I pointed out the difference between accusation/opinion. BTW, feel free to email your evidence to me direct if you want! LOL at "comfirmation" so now, not just you, but multiple people are checking out my youtube page and seeing the same things as you.. now that is a stretch!

... are regular forum posters here!

I think I said I don't care either way, though also made a comment about you staying .. seemed you missed that bit (deliberatly perhaps!)

Once again, just so your clear - I dont care either way!

Or you could just Man-Up I guess :) In fact, I don't know why I wrote Terry TBH.. must of been trying to be a bit more informal, as its kind of hard when reply to an anon who acts like they know me!! Oh, well, Tezzer it is then.

--------------
    Just to be clear one more time.. I wasn't saying I was interested in your opinion, just pointing out your right to post it if you wish, the consequences of doing so on a public forum and the difference between your opinion and accusations!

As I said on the post - its up to you either way!

Moreso, it wasnt an invitation for you to start your tirades again either!

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I just checked your youtube page

Man...you REALLY need to get a grip and chill out. There's something slightly worrying about you when you're getting on line to check what videos other people have been watching on youtube.

Personally I think it's a little odd wearing the ITF logo when you aren't in the ITF (in whichever form you deem to be "official").
    However "ITF" is also recognised as a style of TKD by the wider public (whether that's correct or not is beside the point) so I can see why an instructor like Stuart would keep it as a way of denoting his lineage and stylistic identity.
    If the originator/designer of that logo (and the originator of TKD itself) has no problem with people using it as they see fit then no harm, no foul.
    To be honest I think it's a little odd that people think calling themselves "ITF" is a plus point in these days of the pre-eminence of Thai, MMA, BJJ and the western arts. :)

7. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

Mate I had to check because when I mentioned it in passing at least two people came on here and told me no such "activity box" existed when it clearly did and still does. Not nice being called a liar over something so blatantly obvious. Of course i had to spend needless time and post counts explaning that which shouldnt need explaining.:rolleyes:

ITf is ITF. It an membership group. Years ago the ITF set up a lifetime membership which cost ten quid. Really it was a nice cash cow cos even if you had it it entitled you to nothing really except a few trinkets.

Membership actually requires more than that. EG, you pay into the ITF each time you grade or pay subs top your national association.

You might have a lifetime membership card (does Stu?) but it dont really entitle you to anything. if you went to grade you have to have an instrucotr who is in an ITf affiialted association and your membersship has to be up to date. its things lie this that prove membership. Likewise with competitions. Think turning up to your ITF event with a 10 quid membership card would get you in? No chance.

The ITF has thousands of members who pay into the ITF to support it financially through a variety of means.

The ITF badge has NOTHING to do with lineage. Thousands of high ranking TKDoists have left ITf over the years. How many of them wear the ITF badge? That include former Korean ITF pioneer masters.

They dont feel it necessary so why should anyone else?

It aint nothing to do with lineage. And lets face it , the few poeple who do use it are the ones like Stu who wouldn't turn up at an ITf seminar/event anyway. Theyre "outsiders".

I seen a pic of Stu with Wilie Lim (ex ITF master and NZ ITF head). Does he still wear the ITf badge? Nop. Cos he's moved on mate, thats why.

I think one of the reasons the ITF don't make a big issue out of it is cos most people don't actually wear it when they leave the ITF.

Anyway mate i'm not going round all day on this one. I said all I got to say on the matter.:cool::bang:

Next thing I'll be accused on "harrassing" over it. :rolleyes::bang:

To answer your last question tho. the reaso nthey want to use the badge is cos its probably one of rghe most respected groups inthe world (ITF-c)

Tae Kwon

8. Bramley

Bramley Valued Member

Tezzer,
    I've been following this thread since it was first posted. I was also following the ITF-C video thread and The Real Deal ITF until they were closed. I've read every page on each thread and every post on each page (note to Mitch: surely those of us who have made it this far recieve some kind of medal?).

As i'm sure your aware Tezzer many of the points/questions/answers have been repeated (some more than once). Which is why i'm getting confused when you say..........
    Would it be possible for you to just make clear (can i suggest bullet points maybe?) what question(s) you would like stuart, or even other members of the forum to answer? I'm thinking this could then be sorted in less than 4-6 posts.

On a different note Tezzer, maybe you can or cannot remember me but i am the person who, in answer to my questions, you posted a youtube link with refrence to my name in it. Other questions i have put to you have simply been ignored. Now, let's be honest for a minute to point out, you do not seem to be answering questions yourself. Maybe this was just a case of 'missing my posts' (i realise you have had many to keep up with) but maybe after the relivent people on this forum has answered your questions you may then have chance to answer ours?

Anyway's, i realise this may be another post that 'slips through' your response filter, if that i the case then i appolegise in advance for the reminder i shall PM you :cool:

Angie

9. StuartA

Funnily enough some of my students were at an ITF-C event yesterday, with Master Don Dalton, and Master Maidana.. the only reason I wasnt there is because my son has chicken pox. So that sort of takes the wind out ya point dosnt it! :)

Stuart

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

cos its probably one of rghe most respected groups inthe world

If you say so. Most people I've trained with when asked about the ITF would probably say..."Is that those dudes that wear the little booties and tap each other?" (if they have even heard of it).
    Turn up at your local BJJ club in your ITF blue belt and see how that respect prevents you being tapped out. :)
    You really do seem to have swallowed the party line hook, line and sinker.

Have you ever done any other arts?
    Trained in any other gyms/clubs?
    Cross trained a bit perhaps?

I think in a few years when you may have done those things you won't be so quick to pronounce such black and white statements (much like the other posters here)?

11. StuartA

I missed that point Angie, thanks for pointing it out. For my part, I believe I have answered all questions he posed to me, as well as his accusations up to the point where I said (on another thread I think) that I'm not going to keep re-answering the same old questions just because he is not happy with the answers because they dont suit him, moreso as he's an anon poster, who speaks of the tenets, but hides behind a false name to sling his mud - so much for that integrity eh! Despite that, he stills feels he can slip questions in for me - lol

So what it should really say is that 'none of the questions have been answered to his satisfaction'. As for him avoiding many questions posed to him.. I'll leave him to respond to that as I think both his reply here, and the real truth are kinda obvious for those that have laboured the threads!

Back to the topic at hand, Master Lim doesnt wear an ITF badge, but not for the reason Tezzer states, I know, because I discussed the ITF with him personally, though I won't be posting his comments here, save for the fact that he views them in a dim light. Whereas Master Hwang (UITF I believe) has a similar badge (as already pointed out) to the ITF depite no longer being part of it, save for one word, and other posters on here have also said they wear an ITF dobok but are no longer part of it either. The point that is deliberatly missed, time and time again is what PASmith pointed out, which, whether our friend here agrees with, is a valid reason none the less - even PASmith says hes found it odd, but understood why none the less. (Odd mean why would they want to, rather than weird I believe).

Stuart

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  12. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

Believe me or not, but here where I live many (if not most) ITF TKD people can't tell ITF-C from GTF or ICTF and have no idea that GM Choi Jung Hwa runs his ITF. This is in a country which is considered to be one of European ITF leaders (just like the Czech Republic is the driving force in European ITF-NK).

ITF-C has a very limited base in East Europe in comparison to other ITF groups and is definitely the smallest of the 3 ITFs.

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Is it Terry or Ronald? :bang:

Michelin stars here sunshine. Seen the video:rolleyes:

14. StuartA

well, seeing as its okay for everyone esle to post Youtube vids as responses.. heres mine, to that :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6BJ3CvPLhs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6BJ3CvPLhs[/ame]

Back
    Caught you lookin' for the same thing
    It's a new thing - check out this I bring
    Uh Oh the roll below the level
    'Cause I'm livin' low next to the bass, C'mon
    Turn up the radio
    They claim that I'm a criminal
    By now I wonder how
    Some people never know
    The enemy could be their friend, guardian
    I'm not a hooligan
    I rock the party and
    Clear all the madness, I'm not a <anti ITFist>
    Preach to teach to all
    'Cause some they never had this
    Number one, not born to run
    About the <Dan->gun...
    I wasn't licensed to have one
    The minute they see me, fear me
    I'm the epitome - a public enemy
    Used, abused without clues
    I refused to blow a fuse
    They even had it on the news
    Don't believe the hype...

<No>
    <That was the answer to his question>
    So here it is again, <incase he still don't understand>
    But since I gave you <> a little something
    That we knew you lacked
    They still consider me a new jack
    All the critics you can hang'em
    I'll hold the rope

But they hope to the <ITF>
    And pray it ain't dope
    The follower of <real TKD>
    Don't tell me that you understand
    Until you hear the man
    The book of the new school <TKD> game
    Writers treat me like Coltrane, insane
    Yes to them, but to me I'm a different kind
    We're <MAP> brothers of the same mind, unblind
    Caught in the middle and
    Not surrenderin'
    I don't rhyme for the sake of of riddlin'
    Some claim that I'm a <non-ITF'er>
    Some say I never heard of 'ya
    A <ITF> burgler,
    false media - We don't need it do we?
    It's fake that's what it be to 'ya, dig me?
    Don't believe the hype...

Don't believe the hype - its a sequel
    As an equal, can I get this through to you
    My <dojangs> boomin' with a trunk of funk
    All the jealous punks can't stop the dunk
    Comin' from the school of hard knocks
    Some perpetrate, they drink Clorox
    Attack the <true facts>, cause I know they lack exact
    The cold facts, and still they try to Xerox
    Leader of the new school, uncool
    Never played the fool, just made <new> rules
    Remember there's a need to get alarmed
    Again I said I was a timebomb
    In the daytime the <suckers> scared of me
    'Cause I'm mad, plus I'm the enemy
    They can't c'mon and play with me in primetime
    'Cause I know the time, plus I'm gettin' mine
    I'm <still training hard> late in the night
    They know I'm livin' right, so here go the mike, sike
    Before I let it go, don't rush my show
    You try to reach and grab and get elbowed <Real TKD Stylee :))
    Word to <Tez>, yo if you can't swing this
    Learn the words, You might sing this
    Just a little bit of the taste of the bass for you
    As you get up and <train> at the <H>Q
    When some deny it, defy if I swing <solo>
    Then they clear the lane I go solo
    The meaning of all of that
    <Anon trolls> is the whack
    You believe it's true, it blows me through the roof
    Suckers, liars get me a shovel
    Some <TKD'ers I know> I know are damn devils
    For them I say don't believe the hype
    Yo Chuck, they must be on a pipe, right?
    <They post their crap and I> snatch
    'Cause I've had it
    I'm not an addict fiendin' for static
    I'll see their <mind washing> and grab it
    No, you can't have it back silly <Tezzer>
    I'm going' to my media assassin
    <PASmith>, I gotta ask him
    Yo <PA>, you're a writer, are we that type?
    Don't believe the hype

I got flavor and all those things you know
    Yeah boy, part two bum rush and show
    Yo <Tez>, get the green black red and
    <ITF ABC> countdown to Armageddon
    -<ABCD> you wait <while we> will
    Put <real TKD> in effect and I still will
    Rock the hard <TKD> - treat it like a seminar
    Teach the <real deal>, and rock the boulevard
    Some say I'm negative
    But they're not positive
    But what I got to give...
    The media says this
    :evil:

<MY EDITS FOR A LAUGH>
    :evil:

Just jokes folks... :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  15. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Tezzer, we never said the Youtube recent activity box doesn't exist. We said it doesn't show recently rated videos, which is correct. This put a hole right through your original argument that Totally TKD might have a political bias because you said StuartA rated an ITUK/ITF-C video as poor. When we pointed this out you went on the defensive for a thread the length of War and Peace.

Something tells me it's about to happen all over again...

16. Custom Volusia

Custom Volusia Valued Member

Most respected group??? LOL....that's just plain funny right there!!

Honestly I can't figure out why he cares so much? His questions WERE answered..he just didn't like the answers

JUST DROP IT

17. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

Lo mate your reply is funny.

No youre right. it doesnt today. :rolleyes: Today it only shows one uploaded video.

Yestrday it showed one rated video, a Spice Girls vid.

However when I made the original post the video of MR Suask was there. Did anyone deny it then? Did Stu deny it? No

Hope youre not going to use the "Prove it" tactic already used on the grading vid (that was no longer showing but had been) on this one mate cos that would be really sad.

Mate theres people complaining I made a big thing about it. I did nothin of the sort. Its replies like this that have made it a big thing.

Im asking myself this. When I first posted on this would you not have gone and checked out Stus youtube page. Yes you did. You would have seen the vids that Stu rated including the Suska video.

So why (now you know that the activity box is no longer showing rated vids )are you suddenly pulling this stunt? LOL

Now they never were there at all?

Please mate have a little decency.:cool:

Hopefully at least one person on here who did see rated vids will have the moral fibre and backbone to confirm it???

Counting......... :rolleyes:

18. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

I aint got time to answer all the question or sarcy comments put to me. Yours were not genuine so i left them out. Youre not interested in anything I have to say. All you want to do is be part of the group. Everything about your posts says that.

I been told that if I repeat some of the stuff again I will be banned. Since you claim to have read every post you know that. So why you asking me to repeat it?

Not very nice is that.

As for pm don't bother. I wont be replying. If you got anything worthwhile to say you can say it here.

19. StuartA

LOL.. can 100% comfirm that 'I' never rated a Spice girls video :woo:

20. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

[
    I aint anon. My names Tezzer. thats what Im known as. As around mate. TKdstudent is an anon. But you aint bothered about him are you?

Mate we both know the score regarding the grading vid. You got the mods here to threaten me with a ban if I mentioned the details again. TKD_Mitch is a close friend of yours. Your "prove it" defence was lame and you know it. Mate I might only be a blue belt but I aint taking lectures of the tenets from you. Not for a good while yet mate. :cool:

Heres a question for you. Are you now denying you gave the Susak vid 3 stars? Simple question requiring a simple Yes or No.

LOl he doesn't wear the ITF badge. End of!!!!!!!:)

loL Yeah ITS similar, BUT NOT an ITF badge. :bang::)

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he meant wierd. How do you know? Do you spaek for him now?