[Choi Kwang Do] Ckd

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by dosandojo, Mar 25, 2004.

1. dosandojo

dosandojo New Member

Well Marshall P. was always cool to me. But the whole thing kind of felt like a Cult to me....All it really is, is ITF TKD if you ask me...

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Nice post, sounds disturbingly like trolling, given that you've made allegations with no reasons, and evidently minimal knowledge of the art, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Firstly the cultish aspect, I take it that you've actually joined a school and trained for some time, rather than just assumed that because lots of people wear similar uniforms, and because the classes involve pledge and tenets, you've decided its a cult?

As to it being ITF TKD, I'd just have to say that you should probably try both arts before making such a comparison. Having tried both I can quite comfortably say that there are similarities, bit CKD is definitely not just TKD. Try it. Then comment.

3. dosandojo

dosandojo New Member

No troll here, sorry. Marshall flew down from Atl and spent the week with me at my Dojang in LA, CA., USA. He is a GREAT PERSON and a GOOD Martial Artist. He left me the CKD syllabus and Tape Set. He also offered me to come to Atl and train under GM Choi. But like I said, the whole thing seems cult-like to me. Master Koo really got taken by them, and is the one who shed light on them being a cult.
    http://ksdi.net/resign.htm

But like I said, I will Always like Marshall P.
    Peace......

4. dosandojo

dosandojo New Member

And as far as trying to knock me and my training...

This is me:
    http://www.masterssite.com/images/MtrArce.gif

I have been training in TKD since 1974, and currently hold the rank of Oh Dan. I am Kukkiwon and Moo Duk Kwan Certified. As for training in both styles, I have also trained in ITF style since 74 (my GM holds Master Ranks in the WTF and ITF), so I know BOTH styles of TKD. When Master Marshall P. spent the week with me in LA, he told me that I would be given CKD Rank (which was done with him when he left the ITF to go to CKD.) He told me that ITF and CKD were so close to being the same, and that I was such a great Martial Artist, that I would be taken under GM Choi's wing ASAP without a problem.

5. dosandojo

dosandojo New Member

I have studied it. Marshall P. flew to LA from ATL to teach me, and he also gave me the syllabus and VHS Sets of GM Choi's CKD...

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

However you have not actually studied the art for any reasonable period of time, and the similarities between TKD and CKD have lessened over time. Until you have studied the art, don't assume you know it. Since you spent a week training with Master P., and it is the only formal training of any sort that you mention, I'm assuming it is the only formal training in CKD that you have, which leaves you unqualified to make allegations about the art.

On top of that, the cult comment. I'd love to hear your justification for this.

7. dosandojo

dosandojo New Member

First of all Bunnyrabbit, my time with Master P. was not even 6 months ago...So what do you mean it has evolved? And stop telling me what I know and do not know. What rank are you??????????????

8. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Please ease? ;)

9. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Chill out dosandojo, relax. Your new to the forum, I suggest you look through some of the older CKD posts and get a feel for the site. Also, rank isn't everything.

Step back, relax.

Col

10. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Actually dosan whateveryour name, I have seen that most, uhm, masters, are quite humble and do NOT trumpet their accomplishments and rank. Usually if you have to TELL everyone how good you are, you really aren't. True leaders show that they are leaders, they don't have to TELL anyone they are a leader. So which are you?

11. dosandojo

dosandojo New Member

Now Kwajman puts his nose in. If you douby my ability, you can come to my Dojang ANY time you want. Otherwise, I suggest you not insult me again.

12. dosandojo

dosandojo New Member

And I am a leader. I am a former Active Duty US Marine. USMC Judo Champion at -84 Kg. from 88'-92'.

13. dosandojo

dosandojo New Member

Just in case no one read my post in the other topic:

Thank you friend. I am glad that we can get along. I am sorry if I sounded like I do not like CKD, because that is not true. I like it, because it reminds me of TKD...And I like TKD. I was just a little wary of the "cult" thing (as I was only repeating this). I do apologize if I have offended anyone. I did not come on here to hurt anyone. Peace.......

14. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

According to your profile you would have been 3 yrs old....

15. Cain

Cain New Member

Oh grand great ultimate poobah king - I bow at your ultimate greatness......

of post wh0ring :D

psst - 4 mods took attention to your ultimate greatness......concidence anyone? :Angel:

|Cain|

16. dosandojo

dosandojo New Member

I was born in 70. I must have hit the 10 key high. I started at 4 years old under Chuck Norris at Sherman Oaks Karate Studio, in Tang Soo Do, Tae Kwon Do and Yudo. I am 34 now, and have 30 years in the Martial Arts.

17. dosandojo

dosandojo New Member

Cain, you would NOT say that to my face. Whatever I say, I back up, face to face.

18. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

So you communicate through the internet a lot then huh?

19. dosandojo

dosandojo New Member

Andrew, instead of trying to be a smart asS, why do not you try to learn some respect. You KNOW you would NOT talk to me like this face to face. So why do it behind a computer? NO need to try and insult me or be a smart asS. NO one likes a smart asS.

20. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

You don't know me very well, Cause I probably would.

Smart ass all the way.

You attacked a whole style from behind a keyboard, not face to face. Perhaps if you are going to say things like that a slightly thicker skin is in order? As well as a little Sense of humour about Smart Asses like me :D

Yours Truly

Smart Ass